Sleep Paralysis

Those authors that wish to write about incredibly short stories.

Moderator: embleton

Paul

Sleep Paralysis

Post by Paul » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:11 pm

I used to get sleep paralysis a lot. It feels like closing in. I’ve seen something, a dark swirling roughly in the shape of a person and moving slowly around the room. Sometimes it leans over me and I see a face, I can’t describe the face because it is constantly changing. Sometimes I tried to shout out for help to my partner. I make a sound but it’s indistinguishable,I can hear myself, I know it must be me making the sound but it doesn’t feel like I physically am, I’m only thinking about doing it.

What I felt and saw was a result of not understanding why I was paralysed plus low light. An example of garbage in garbage out as if brain is a computer, except brains add baggage to that low quality data when fear kicks in. Nevertheless I found it impossible not to feel physical symptoms of fear when I woke up paralysed. Tricks to break the paralysis and fear made getting back to sleep difficult. So go with it, fear and all, it becomes fairground fear and choose your ride. And from this I expect others do the same except choose a different ride.