Sky community insight team

Sky the broadband internet service provider.

Moderator: embleton

embleton
Site Admin

Sky community insight team

Post by embleton » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:13 am

Sky community insight team is a selection of Sky forum users that have signed themselves away to Sky with a nondisclosure agreement (NDA). It requires them not to disclose anything talked about in that hidden forum on the public Sky help forum and publicly on social media, but what really is its purpose in reality?

In reality it is a team of the most active Sky forum users that contribute extensively to the knowledge base of the completely public Sky help forum and to that hidden forum, and its purpose is to stop them writing their own material to users discussing the matter that they are knowledgable about themselves publicly, for they are the major contributes both in the hidden forum and on the completely public Sky help forum.

Bugs and technical issues are highlighted from the public Sky forum by the insight team that has been gathered from the public help forum, so that those select users don’t discuss them further with the public user base, even though Sky don’t even provide a solution or provide anything useful technically in the matter. Really those users are doing Sky’s job freely, and they are under a NDA, that is amazing and unethical.

It really doesn’t have any useful information of any use that would extend the knowledge of that user base, for they are the team in reality that is something that those user base don’t understand until signing a NDA. And is it a valid NDA, when those users don’t even work for monetary gain but freely and provide the majority of the knowledge. The NDA is not even valid in my opinion as the information is passed without encryption freely publicly over the internet and that can and does get sniffed, for its over http without SSL.

embleton
Site Admin

Re: Sky community superuser group

Post by embleton » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:41 pm

It seems Sky is at it again with now creating a Sky community superusers group that has limited capabilities and the community member has to sign a wide-spreading non-disclosure agreement (NDA). These NDA's for those helping Sky the most is amazing.

Sky, an explanation of why the NDA when you are giving little support to those behind the scenes? Any other real perks? What about a bit of open transparency about issues you are experiencing, transparency publically!

An on the source informed me it's mainly working, the superuser group, but there are limited resources and charges and refunds can't be made through a Sky employer in the scheme that allows the superuser, volunteers, to escalate a case to Sky by a private community forum, hidden basically. So, these superusers are buffers really in keeping customers contacting Sky?

And really isn't its purpose, the NDA, to keep those contributing the most mouths shut about when they see issues with Sky equipment & services and to keep it from the public eye so that damaging your reputation and revenue stream is less likely? :mrgreen:

embleton
Site Admin

Re: Sky NDA community superuser team

Post by embleton » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:48 pm

What does Sky's naughty NDA say...
Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 17.45.59.png
Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 17.45.59.png (133.16 KiB) Viewed 33391 times

embleton
Site Admin

Re: Sky community insight team

Post by embleton » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:38 pm

Sky have now been more transparent with the Superusers group lounge and it seems anybody can join at level 9 and above by signing an NDA, and we have a million superusers on the Sky forum who have signed their life away, and it makes no sense whatsoever!

Unless one has been banned or doesn't agree to the NDA, I've been banned for I had a mental health episode during my short stay in the superuser forum (around July 2022). But I can still escalate posts to Sky and I don't want to go into that superuser forum anyway. :geek:

embleton
Site Admin

Re: Sky community insight team

Post by embleton » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:56 pm

Well, I can no longer escalate posts and not a word from Sky via the community messaging system on why that was taken away. Sky likes to censor their community members by offering a superuser position to anyone to shut them up about issues and keep the profit rolling! :mrgreen: