Party politics for the vulnerable and disabled.

A friendly natter about big minority politics.

Moderator: embleton

m7yme

Party politics for the vulnerable and disabled.

Post by m7yme » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:26 pm

It would be nice to see some decent manifesto published by all the parties, all we have currently from labour and conservative parties are knocks on the other party to gain power and sort out the issues for the future without being detailed enough on what policies the parties will address accurately and in detail!

Liberal Democrats in this area the member standing won't even reply to emails. Greens have a detailed manifesto that points at the areas they'll address if elected in the seat, Plymouth, but no literature has yet arrived through my door.

I want to see what they are offering the disabled voters, especially those living with mental health and severe mental health issues. Points that I want to know are how the parties are going to adjust the benefits system to serve the community in this group, rates, and whether universal credit will be abolished and replaced with a new system more fitting for the 21st century. And the direction of personal independence payments are going from each of the parties, vouchers and such will not be acceptable so that the conservatives out of the picture for myself and our group.

I am waiting eagerly to talk to the preschool parties personally when they come knocking on my door.